The Glamour Room at RL Turner is a full service salon operated by our cosmetology student professionals and lead under the direction of Brian Rodriguez and Traci Stock, our licensed instructors. Students balance their classroom instruction and lab experiences as they work to complete 1,000 hours with TDLR in order to test for licensure. We offer a wide selection of cosmetology services to meet your individual beauty needs.
Follow us on Twitter @RLTCosmo
The next section is “Facial Service (Model),” you will have 15 mi
nutes to complete this section. You may recline your model’s chair to complete the facial service. You will be informed when you have 7 minutes remaining. Models will be dismissed all together at the end of this section once all scoring has been completed.
You may begin.
Facial Service (Model)
Time Allowed: 15 minutes
Cleanse model’s face, apply massage cream, and demonstrate
effleurage, petrissage, and tapotement manipulations.
ALL TASK LINES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SECTION MUST BE PERFORMED ON A MODEL TO RECEIVE PROCEDURE AND SAFETY CRITERIA POINTS.
Procedure Criteria (1 point each):
1. Sanitizes workstation/area
2. Sanitizes own hands using hand sanitizer
3. Secures model’s hair with drape/drapes model with towel, drape, towel to protect clothing
4. Cleanses face with cleansing cream upward and outward using fingers to remove makeup
5. Removes cleansing cream and makeup upward and outward with towel/tissue/cotton/sponge
6. Applies facial massage cream upward and outward using fingers
7. Ensures skin does not pull
8. Demonstrates one full set of proper manipulations each for effleurage, petrissage, and tapotement while maintaining
9. Removes facial massage cream upward and outward with towel/tissue/cotton/sponge
10. Applies astringent, freshener, or toner
Safety Criteria (1 point each):
1. Disposes of waste material using trash bag
2. Ensures workstation/area remains sanitary by changing towels when soiled, cleaning spills, and maintaining sanitary implements/materials throughout service
3. Ensures draping is maintained throughout service
4. Implements/supplies are pre-sanitized and labeled in English only
5. Replaces contaminated items
6. Ensures all containers remain closed when not in use
7. Kit must remain closed
8. Removes products from containers without contamination